Skyline Plumbing and Mechanical, INC. can handle all of your Water Heater needs including Gas Water Heaters, Propane Water Heaters, Electric Water Heaters and Tankless Water Heaters.
Here are some things to look for before your water heater goes out:
Discolored, Water that Smells Funny: It’s normal for minerals to build up in your water heater’s tank over time. However, there are some things you can do to slow this process down over time. Water Softeners can help prolong the life of your water heater. We also recommend an annual flush of your water heater tank to get rid of any sediment that may start to build up over time. If you notice water with a rusty color or a funny smell, it may be time to call Skyline Plumbing for a water heater diagnosis.
Excessive Noise: A Water heater that makes noise could be a sign that it is potentially overheating or has developed a layer of buildup at the bottom.
- Leaking: Should you notice leaking water underneath your water heater, especially if it’s rust-colored, your water heater tank is more than likely rusted out and it will continue to leak and cause damage inside your home. It’s important to call Skyline Plumbing right away if you notice this!
- An Aging Unit: Unfortunately, your water heater will wear out with time. Sorry, you know how the old saying goes, “they don’t make them like they used to”. No matter how much time you put toward repair and maintenance, most water heaters last about 10 to 12 years. You may get more or less life depending on the level of maintenance and quality of water in your home. As water heaters age, they become less effective. Skyline Plumbing in Utah County can help you choose the ideal water heater replacement when it comes time.
Is it Time for a Water Heater Upgrade?
Have you considered upgrading to a Tankless Water Heater?
There may be nothing wrong with your current water heater, or perhaps it’s aging and going to need to be replaced soon. When this time comes, you may consider a Tankless Water Heater.
Why Should I consider a Tankless Water Heater?
- Energy Efficient – Tankless Water Heaters consume less gas than conventional, tank type water heaters. You are not keeping 40 or 50 gallons of water heated and stored inside a tank.
- Never run out of hot water (as long as you don’t exceed the GPM your tankless heater is rated for)
- Tankless Water Heaters require less space.
- No Storage Tank.
- Warranty – Most tankless water heaters come with a 15-25 year warranty on the heat exchanger!
- Rebates – Often times there will be rebates available from your gas or power company when you upgrade to a tankless water heater.
Other Items to be aware of regarding Tankless Water Heaters:
- You will run out of hot water if you use too much hot water all at one time. Tankless water heaters are rated for specific Gallons per Minute. If you exceed the GPM that your water heater can produce, someone may get a cold shower. Don’t worry, Skyline Plumbing can install 2 Tankless Water Heaters in series if you need more hot water at one time!
- Tankless water heaters require Sch 40 PVC Flue Pipe – which may need to be installed in your home.
- A Water Softener is highly recommended with all Tankless Water Heaters.
- Proper Maintenance if very important. We recommend our annual service with all tankless water heaters to keep your water heater performing like new for many years.